I am in the middle of the preparations for a couple of events in June:
AngelHack and I♥3D in Athens
I am travelling there via a detour sleeping out on the beaches of Euboea Island, on which I already visited Limni or Λιμνι on the north end a couple of years ago. This time, I am heading towards its east and south end instead.
Check out the full AngelHack Athens event details, schedule and prizes.
Let's highlight those prizes:
- First Prize
- Invitation to the AngelHack HACKcelerator program.
- Amazon Web Services – aws.amazon.com/activate
- $100 AWS Credits + AWS Technical Training ($600) + $80 credit for self-places labs + 1 month AWS support ($100) for all participants.
- Autodesk – developer.autodesk.com
- Challenge: Create an app using 3D
- Prize: 1 Samsung Gear II Watch per winning team member.
- Clusterpoint – www.clusterpoint.com
- Challenge: Build a web or mobile application using Clusterpoint Cloud as back-end database solution.
- Prize: Clusterpoint Global Competition – $10,000 will be awarded to the best team that utilizes the Clusterpoint Cloud as a backend database in their project built during an AngelHack hackathon.
- Winners will be announced within 1 week after the series end. Additionally, any participant who signs up for Clusterpoint will receive $2500 in Clusterpoint Cloud credits.
- Pebble – developer.getpebble.com/sdk
- Challenge: Create an awesome hack using a Pebble smartwatch.
- Prize: Pebble watches.
I already listed a number of links to resources for getting prepared for the 3D challenge last time I mentioned the AngelHack and I♥3D in Athens.
Node.js REST Workshop
I'm starting to think about the Node.js REST workshop that I want to prepare for the last weekend of the Milano WebGL Workshop on June 27.
One thing that caught my attention while snooping around was a comment on the full HTTPS REST server in Node.js tutorial pointing to Roy T. Fielding's article pointing out that many so-called RESTful APIs are not REST at all.
Roy's opinion should be taken seriously, since his dissertation, on Architectural Styles and the Design of Network-based Software Architectures, defines the REST architectural style as a model for the design principles behind the modern web architecture.
Another introduction that caught my eye was on node.js and express – creating a REST API.
They would both make pretty good examples for getting started...
I'll let you know what I end up with.